02 Feb Escapist Artist | Katie Fforde Interview
Contemporary romantic novelist Katie Fforde was our guest author in this episode of the Love Your Library podcast. She came into our virtual studios to chat with us about her new novel A Wedding in the Country, which is published on 18 February. Katie’s latest book has been described as her most autobiographical to date and is, unusually for this author, set in 1960s London. It truly is the perfect escapist novel for a dismal winter. Katie also talked about the unusual research she undertook for her earlier novel Summer of Love. You’ll find plenty of Katie Fforde books to reserve and download as an eBook from BorrowBox.
We also had some more great reading recommendations from the Hampshire Libraries team when Charlotte and Mandy from Andover Library joined us online to talk about a couple of their recent reads: The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman and The Chalet by Catherine Cooper.
NEW UNLIMITED TITLES THIS MONTH ON BORROWBOX:
- The Red Ribbon by Lucy Adlington: a story of endurance and survival among the seamstresses of Birkenau-Auschwitz.
Recovery by Russell Brand. Brand’s own experience and insight into recovery from addition.
- The Women of Primrose Place by Claudia Carroll. A compelling, warm and poignant story from Ireland.
An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen, the internationally bestselling authors of The Wife Between Us.
- The Sentence is Death by Anthony Horowitz (audiobook). Listen to the podcast to hear what Kate and Hattie thought of the book’s unique detective Daniel Hawthorne.
- The Queen of the Tearling: book 1 by Erika Johansen. Combining adventure and action, dark magic, mystery and romance,
- Prime Suspect 2: A Face in the Crowd by Lynda La Plante (audiobook). Based on the award-winning TV series starring Helen Mirren.
- Blunt Force by Lynda La Plante. The young Jane Tennison must navigate the salacious world of theatre to solve a brutal murder in the heart of London’s West End.
- The Flat Share by Beth O’Leary (audiobook). A rom-com with its feet planted in real life.
- Stella O’Malley – Fragile by Stella O’Malley. The psychotherapist and bestselling author delves into why we are feeling more anxious, stressed and overwhelmed than ever.
- City of Spies by Mara Timon. Set in Lisbon during the war, SOE agent Elisabeth de Mornay receives new orders and a new identity. This is the Hampshire Libraries Facebook book group’s choice for February. Join the group through our Facebook page and take part in the conversation.
- The Secret Midwife: Life Death and the Truth about Birth by Katy Weitz.
- Greek Island Escape by Patricia Wilson. The new feel-good novel from the author of Island of Secrets.
Thanks to Katie Fforde, Charlotte and Mandy from Andover Library, and our supporter BorrowBox, the library app that allows you to download eBooks and audiobooks straight to your phone or tablet. All you need is your library membership number and PIN.